My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://dharmabeatdown.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Dharma Beatdown: What would the Buddha say?

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What would the Buddha say?

So, I was over at my mom's house after helping her jump-start her car. My 13-year-old brother Cullen is in the background playing DS, not paying any attention as we have a conversation.

I'm ranting about how someone at my work steals the Friday A&E section of the paper, the only part of the paper apart from the comics that is worth a crap, and how I am totally fed up with it. Our company pays good money for multiple copies of The Oregonian for people to read and some douchebag prevents the rest of us from enjoying it. I'm describing my cunning and vicious plan to show my disapproval... I'm going to get the A&E first thing in the morning and take some spray adhesive and glue every fucking page together and leave it in the break room.

My mom says that my anger is misdirected, that I'm channeling it away from somewhere I should be and into these little things, then asks, "What would the Buddha say?"

"DO IT!" Cullen says.

There's a moment of silence.

"I love you," I say. "You are quite possibly one of the coolest people I've ever met, Cullen."

It's good to have a family that cares.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home